Excellence in sound editing software for over 20 years!
What program are you using?
Back to Support page
- What type of problem?
- User Interface/General
- Cannot open an MP3 file
- Cannot open a WMA file
- File opens in GoldWave but not other programs
- "No codec" error when saving an MP3 file
- Silences are added to the ends when creating an MP3 loop file
- Cannot save an edited WMA file
- Batch Processing does not handle raw or vox files automatically
- GoldWave freezes when saving a file
An error occurs when saving a file
- Information cannot be stored: Some file types do not allow text information (see File | Information), such artist, title, and
copyright details, to be saved in the file. This message warns you that the
information will not be saved. This does not affect the audio itself,
which will be saved correctly.
- No Codec: If saving an MP3 or WMA file, please see the troubleshooting items above. If saving other files types, the original file may contain
encoded audio that cannot be re-encoded. Use File | Save As to save
it under a different type or with different attributes.
- Division by zero or Invalid floating point: Please report such problems, providing
information about the file type and attributes used. If the error
occurs during batch processing, please mention what effects were
- Cannot write data: There is insufficient storage space on the hard drive to write the file, or the file exceeds 4GB in
size (on a non-NTFS partition). If your system has multiple drives,
try selecting a different drive for temporary storage under
Options | Storage.
- Abnormal termination: Either an unexpected calculation error occurred or Data Execution Prevention (DEP) raised the error. Try using
Start | All Programs | GoldWave | GoldWave Setup and check the
"Fix damaged FPU state" box. If that does not work, try disabling
DEP for GoldWave. Sometimes encoding MP3 files can trigger a DEP error.
Search Windows Help for "Data Execution Prevention" for more information.
Copyright © 2013 GoldWave® Inc.